Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 3.75 Average
Nikon AF-S 85mm f3.5 DX VRII lens
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 06:15 AM by yellow15.)
Nikon AF-S 85mm f3.5 DX VRII lens
NikonRumour has posted some info about the "Nikon AF-S 85mm f3.5 DX VRII lens" patent
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/08/17/we-sho...dx-vr.aspx

now if you have a quick look at the diagram posted there, and the spec.. you should notice something's REALLY special about this lens... (also hinted by the admin at NR)

1. Why 85mm f3.5 DX ??? Nikon already has a 85mm f/1.8 at reasonable price.. why make a DX only lens that is 2 stop slower?

2. [edited]there are 14 elements in the lens!!!! 14 elements in a prime lens.. i can't remember seeing anything like that before... the new 50mm f/1.4G only has 8 elements.. even the 200mm f/2 VR only has 13 elements, so why so many elements in a small aperture DX lens?

I tried to find a bit more info from the patent itself.. but i don't think it's possible for me to read the whole patent article, it's just way too long!!
but after spending a few minutes reading/skipping quite a few sections of the patent, i found something very interesting!!

"An internal focus type macro lens having an image blur correction function has been proposed"

"[0060]Embodiments of a first group will be described with reference to the drawings. FIG. 1 is a cross-sectional view depicting a digital single-lens reflex camera CAM (optical device) having an imaging lens 1 according to the present embodiment. In the digital single-lens reflex camera CAM shown in FIG. 1, lights from an object, which are not illustrated, are collected by an imaging lens 1, and are imaged on a focal plate 4 via a quick return mirror 3. The lights imaged on the focal plate 4 are reflected in a penta prism 5 for a plurality of times, and guided to an ocular 6. Thereby the user can observe the object image as an erect image via the ocular 6.

[0061]If the user presses a release button, which is not illustrated, the quick return mirror 3 moves out of the optical path, and the lights of the object, which are not illustrated, collected by the imaging lens 1, form an object image on the image sensing element 7. Thereby the lights from the object are captured by the image sensing element 7, and are recorded in a memory, which is not illustrated, as the object image. Thus the user can photograph the object using this camera CAM. The camera CAM in FIG. 1 may be one which has a removable imaging lens 1, or one that is integrated with the imaging lens 1. The camera CAM may be a single-lens reflex camera, or a compact camera which does not have a quick return mirror
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
RE: Nikon AF-S 85mm f3.5 DX VRII lens
woot! mirrorless nikon with interchangable lens!!??!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply